Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Rules
Holidays and Leave
Section 14: Earned leave and cash compensation for earned leave not availed of
(1) The maximum limit up to which earned leave can be accumulated shall be 180 days out of which a sales promotion employee can avail himself of 90 days at a time:
PROVIDED that where a sales promotion employee is suffering from any lingering illness such as, tuberculosis, cancer, leprosy, heart disease or mental illness, or any disability which prevents him from attending to his duties, the competent authority may allow the sales promotion employee to avail himself of earned leave for any period exceeding 90 days at a time.
(2) When a sales promotion employee voluntarily relinquishes his post, or retires from service on reaching the age of superannuation, he shall be entitled to cash compensation for earned leave earned by him and not availed of:
PROVIDED that a sales promotion employee shall not be entitled to cash compensation for earned leave not availed of for a period exceeding 120 days.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (2) where a sales promotion employee had applied for earned leave due to him so as to enable him to avail, of such leave immediately before the voluntarily relinquishes his post or retires on reaching the age of superannuation and such leave was refused, the sales promotion employee shall be entitled to cash compensation for the entire period of earned leave so refused as well as cash compensation for the period of earned leave due to him, in respect of which no application to avail of the same was made; so, however, that the total period of earned leave for which cash compensation shall be payable under this sub-rule shall not exceed 180 days.
(4) Where a sales promotion employee dies while in service his heirs shall be entitled to cash compensation for the entire earned leave due to such employee and not availed of.
(5) Where a sales promotion employee's services are terminated for any reason whatsoever (not being termination as punishment), he shall be entitled to cash compensation for the entire earned leave due to him and not availed of.
(6) The cash compensation payable under this rule in respect of earned leave shall be equal to the amount of wages due to the sales promotion employee for the period of leave not availed of or refused.
Death of Employee
Dismissal, Discharge, Termination
Employee Leaving The Company
Leave/Leave Policies For Employees